View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilliana

re: Dol amroth (gondor)

The city of Dol Amroth was built south of Edhellond at the inlet of Cobas Haven in the Bay of Belfalas. In the north of the city was built the Seaward Tower of Tirith Aear. The standard of the city was a silver swan, as seen in the banners carried by the knights from there at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

The lands of Dol Amroth were also known as Dor-en-Ernil, or 'Lands of the Prince': initially this name was applied to the area of Belfalas where Adrahil I and Imrazôr lived, but after Galador it was also applied to the area of Dol Amroth itself.

The first Lord of Dol Amroth was Galador, son of Imrazôr of the Númenóreans. Imrazôr was the son of Adrahil I, who was already known as the Prince, and lived in Belfalas. At some point, Imrazôr moved to the area where once was the elven haven of Edhellond. According to tradition, there he married Mithrellas, a Silvan Elf of Lórien who had accompanied Nimrodel, the beloved of Lórien's king Amroth, on her journey towards Edhellond, but had become lost along with her mistress. Therefore Galador and his descendants had claim to Elven blood.

After Imrazôr's death (Mithrellas' fate is nowhere described, only that she eventually left Imrazôr and Galador), Galador went on to found the city and later the Principality of Dol Amroth. He is counted as its first Lord. The specific date of its foundation is nowhere recounted.

K0rtan
officer
Artisan

Looks cool, maybe I'll make it there one of these days

Tilliana

i use a mithril coin to get there :p 

i guess i cheated 

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum